3.5.09

Wernicke's Area



Update

This week Evan and Andrew shall be diligently studying for their final exams.

And as Andrew mentioned in the previous blog High in One Eye shall be recording May 18th. Hopefully we will have stuff for you people to buy sooner or later.

The summer is 3 days away and plans for the summer are shaping up. Shall there be a tour in the future? Who knows. What I do know is that the members of Neckbeard retreating into our practice space for a week without any outside contact. This shall be a week of hardcore practice and music writing which will hopefully lead to some awesome music.

My other summer plans include books.
MANY MANY BOOKS!!! This section of the blog shall be consumed by books that I will hopefully read over the course of my summer vacation. That week of practice will probably have hours of reading strewn about it. Here is a list of books that I shall hopefully read during this summer (with pictures) Sorry this isn't about music...but it sort of is about High in One Eye in an odd way. Books can influence music right?

Other ideas for the future that I have had and not really discussed with Andrew.
I believe that it would be cool to have a show where we cover an album of a band we enjoy and that no one really listens to. The first album that I would enjoy covering is Pink and Brown - Shame Fantasy II.
 Now I imagine Andrew to disagree with this completely, which is fine. If we only learn a few of the songs off the album and perform them in our sets I would be satisfied. I believe the learning of other material would benefit our creative ideas and make us better song writers, sort of like learning jazz standards, we could make a book of NOISE/EXPERIMENTAL/MATH standards. You should go out and buy this album because it is definitely one of the best noise-pop records you could get your grimy little hand on. Buy it at Load records...some where online.


Apparently there are free pancakes in the Orleans room so I may go get some and then continue to study that PSYCHOLOGY.

High in One Eye shall make some sweet sweet music over the summer and we shall continue to deliver music fans. Recordings shall be coming out sooner or later and all shall be good.

Give us money
and it will happen faster.

No comments: