30.5.10

Summer Time Post


Hello all, this is Evan hitting you with an update on High in One Eye and all of the great stuff we have planned for the summer.


So far we haven't had a practice once this summer, but we did get a MIMs oscillator curtesy of properboy. We will eventually practice and write some songs whenever we feel the vertical rays of inspiration penetrate our extremeties and permeate our interiors. Until then we are busy bees moving out of our houses and blazing new paths towards our futures as functioning human beings. Starting July 1st I will be moving into an apartment with fellow musicians/friends Dex and Byron. Dex is the guitarist for local duo The Dongles, and Byron is the founder of my other band Thom Hobbes. Andrew will be moving in with Mauricio, Alex, and Rudy I believe. He will be taking up residence in the living room, and possibly sleeping on the couch while paying 1/4 of the rent. I really have no idea what is going on with that, but once it is all worked out we will have more time to focus on the things that are really important.....school.


Here is a list of the movies I want to see this summer, so if you have these movies or a subsription to netflix, let us get together and watch them.



Forbidden Games

Ashes and Diamonds

Attila 74


Rhapsody in August

Ran


The Silence

Umberto D.

Triumph of the Will

The Testament of Dr. Mabuse

The Virigin Spring

Pandora's Box

Spirit of the Beehive



Sing a Song of Sex

pretty much anything by Nagisa Oshima

Faces

A Woman Under the Influence



Chloe in the Afternoon


and the list grows


These films will probably influence the way I look at the music I make, and if I watch them with Andrew maybe we will both change our perspectives on our music and evolve. Either way evolution is the magic word for the summer.


Andrew and I are both working on our "solo" projects. Now I really don't know how Andrew feels about his project, as in I don't know if he is super serious about it, but as far as I am concerned my music is just something I am doing to experiment with sounds and ideas that I pulled from watching Tarkovsky films. You can check that out at evan.bandcamp.com


Andrew's solo stuff is very similar to mine since we both took a class on electronic music composition, but you will find that within his music there is close detail to patterns, rhthms, and themes within his music. His use of silence and layers make the experience of his music enjoyable.


I suggest that if you are going to listen to our music you listen to it with headphones in a dark room. Expect to hear some of this electronic music on our upcoming album.


We are playing some shows.



No comments: