10.11.10

High in One Eye

Update

Music is being made and it will be released whenever we get around to it.

Everyone else is commenting on this band--Deerhunter.

Deerhunter? Are we really that amazed with repetitive soundscapes and reverb soaked pop songs? Perhaps it is shoegaze for people that don't listen to shoegaze.

I sat down and listened to Halcyon Digest and then I decided to listen to Tears Run Rings - Distance released August 2010 (not to be found on pitchfork). But seriously, the new Deerhunter album isn't horrible but it isn't anything special either. The listening experience didn't really make me feel one way another about the song writing and the sounds used throughout the record. The lyrics and vocal melodies were interesting and that sax solo in Coronado got me in the Christmas Spirit vis-a-vis Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. I get bored as I get older too, Deerhunter.

:(

Moral of the story, go listen to the BRAND NEW TEARS RUN RINGS ALBUM DISTANCE!!!


Music is being made and it will be released whenever Andrew gets around it.
Pia Fraus

I Hate Myself

Auburn Lull

Dr. Who Dat?

Mahogany

Emeralds

No comments: